Are you looking for a bakelite lamp? Find here our vintage design lamps in bakelite. This material, used in the first half of the 20th century, gives objects a retro feel. Jérôme Peyronnet, craftsman, designed these lamps from old electric heaters from the 1930s and 1940s. All are unique pieces. Upcycling made in France.
Why choose bakelite material for your decoration?
The Bakelite lamp is often associated with the Art Deco style of the 30’s-40’s.
Elegant and timeless, Bakelite has the particularity of being a material reminding us of the old radio sets of our grandparents.
A Bakelite lamp, a nicely recycled product
Thanks to their retro design, combined with this material, ArtJL lamps invite us to a new design adventure. All come from old radiators from the 1930s and 1940s.
The ArtJL brand creates recycled lamps with passion and pragmatism in order to stick to the philosophy of eco-responsibility. The aluminum lamp is beautiful and functional.
This light, through its history, creates emotion. It is carefully recycled by Jérôme Peyronnet, Craftsman of Art, who masters the entire recreation process.
For your office, your living room, your bedroom ...: how to choose your bakelite lamp?
Before choosing your designer lamp, you need to define your type of lighting:
- With this bakelite lamp, which room in your interior do you want to decorate and light?
- Are you looking for a table lamp, a bedside lamp, a desk lamp …
- Would you like your lamp to be decorative, with a contemporary design in your space?
- Do you need an accent lamp, a night light to read quietly in your bed, in your office or on your sofa?
- How do you want to orient your light sources?
Depending on your needs, you will find lamps of different sizes in our Online Store :
- A small lamp can be placed on your bedside table or a coffee table. It can be orientable, or even articulated. Useful if it functions as a reading light.
- A large lamp, on the other hand, is able to illuminate your interior in a lively and dynamic way, even, like a diffuser, to project light effects on the walls.
What lighting to choose with your aluminum lamp?
If you want to install it in a living room or a bedroom, opt for warm lighting, for a soft light tending towards yellow (from 1000 to 5000 Kelvins). This will help you create a cozy, cocooning atmosphere.
For an office, we recommend that you use natural, clear, white light of around 3,300 to 5,000 Kelvin.
A majority of our lights are equipped with LED bulbs, low consumption (from 2 to 20 Watts). Several of them have an Edison LED bulb. With LED lighting, there is no heat release.