How about pursuing the history of an object from the 1930s to the 1970s? This is the invitation that Jérôme Peyronnet is offering you. Designer, he designs lamps from old electric heaters under the brand name ArtJL.
All are unique pieces. Upcycling made in France.
Dismantled, sanded and painted, these heaters are equipped with a lighting system to be reborn as lamps.
These objects cross the ages in a poetic way. Follow the story of one of them!
The advantages of ArtJL vintage design lamps:
How to choose your lamp: let us guide you!
How does Jérôme Peyronnet make designer lamps?
“I work with old radiators that I buy. They are now obsolete, forgotten in the attics of our grandparents. My goal is to give them a second life. This is the basis of upcycling. This current refers to the action of recovering objects that we no longer use in order to bring them to life differently. With upcycling, I turn these old radiators into beautiful, high-end designer lamps. All are unique pieces, numbered and signed.
Every time I find a new piece, there is this same excitement, this same emulation. How to transform it? What color to assign to it? How to integrate a lighting system? In my studio in Montpellier, I spend a lot of time cleaning them, taking them apart, sanding them and painting them several times. I am a perfectionist. All details matter, especially those that cannot be seen. “
Lamps from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s
The ArtJL designer lights have all retained the style of their original radiator. Thus, our online store offers you a wide choice of decorative lamps from the 30s, 40s , 50, 60 and 70.
- The vintage design lamps from the 30s are Art Deco or industrial style.
- The vintage design lamps from the 40s have a timeless aesthetic with clean lines.
- The vintage design lamps from the 50s they are marked by the modernist current which inspired the designers of the time. The shapes are freer, new materials have appeared.
- The vintage design lamps from the 60s are Pop Art style with whimsical shapes and bright colors.
- The vintage design lamps from the 70s are in the image of this decade: the curves of Art Nouveau are making their appearance again, in bright Pop Art colors.
Industrial style, art deco, Scandinavian
Depending on the atmosphere you want to give to your interior, the atmosphere you want to create, we offer several types of vintage design lamps:
Which lighting to choose
If you want to create a warm, cozy atmosphere in your interior, opt for an ArtJL lamp at warm lighting , with soft light tending towards yellow (from 1000 to 5000 Kelvin).
If you want to create a cozy atmosphere, choose an ArtJL lamp instead at cold lighting , with light tending towards blue (from 6000 to 10 000 Kelvin).
A majority of our lamps are equipped with LED bulbs , low consumption (from 2 to 20 Watts). Several of them have an Edison bulb. With LED lighting, there is no heat release.
Various colors available to create an atmosphere
To create an atmosphere of your own, to find the vintage design lamp that suits you best, discover the colors available in our online store:
- White to bring shine, and enhance each tone of your room.
- The black, the gray and brushed aluminum to give a sophisticated side, a touch of elegance to your decoration.
- The red or the blue to energize your interior.
- The orange to bring a touch of creativity.
- The green to invite calm and rest.
- The yellow for a cocooning, warm atmosphere in your home.
- The violet to introduce a little delicacy.
Which brands available
Among the radiators transformed into vintage ArtJL designer lamps, you will find the brands Philips, Calor, Thermor, Peugeot, Kodak. All these creations are real decorative objects.