Are you looking for an art deco light to bring a touch of elegance to your interior? In the ArtJL collection, discover our models of our lamps. Jérôme Peyronnet, designer and craftsman, designed these lamps from old electric heaters from the 1930s. All are unique pieces.
What is the Art Deco style?
The Art Deco style is elegant, precious. It embodies a certain refinement.
This artistic movement was born in the 1910s before the First World War, took off in the 20s, before declining in the 1930s. It takes its name from the international exhibition of decorative arts of 1925. In memory collective, it is reminiscent of the universe of the Magnificent Gatsby.
In the 10s, Art Deco made its appearance in opposition to the curved forms of the Art Nouveau style. This new movement is characterized by its structured and symmetrical lines, its classic and geometric shapes, its warm colors, mainly matt black and gold.
The materials which symbolize Art Deco are: brass, glass, natural wood, marble. Many interior designers are reviving this movement today thanks to these noble materials.
Art deco light from the ArtJL brand
The ArtJL brand offers a range of design lighting in Art Deco style.
What characterizes the 1930s lamp from the ArtJL brand:
- Its geometric shapes
- Its chic colors (black or white).
Functional and decorative objects, these lights can be installed:
- on a coffee table in a living room,
- or on a high living-dining room table,
- On a side table in a hallway,
- On your desk for your working evenings,
- On a bedside table in your bedroom.
Table lamps, living room lamp, desk or bedside lamp ...: how to choose your art deco light?
Before choosing your mood lamp, you need to set the desired brightness:
- With this original lamp, which room in your home do you want to decorate and light up? Are you looking for a table lamp, a bedside lamp, a desk lamp …
- Are you looking for a functional table lamp that fits easily into private and professional spaces?
- Or do you want your lamp to be decorative, with a contemporary design in your space?
- Do you need an accent lamp, a night light to read quietly in your bed, in your office or on your sofa?
- How do you want to orient your light source?
Depending on your needs, you will find lamps of different sizes in our Online Store :
- A small lamp can be placed on your bedside table, stool, chest of drawers or coffee table. It can be orientable, adjustable, or even articulated. Useful if it functions as a reading light.
- A large lamp, a large model, is able to illuminate your interior in a lively, dynamic way, even, like a diffuser, to project light effects on the walls.
What lighting to choose with your art deco lighting?
Different lights are available in our ArtJL collection.
If you want to install it in a living room or a bedroom, opt for warm lighting, for a soft light tending towards yellow (from 1000 to 5000 Kelvins). This will help you create a warm, cocooning atmosphere.
For an office, we recommend that you use natural, clear, white light of around 3,300 to 5,000 Kelvins.
A majority of our luminaires are equipped with LED bulbs, low consumption (from 2 to 20 Watts). Several of them have an Edison LED bulb. With LED lighting, there is no heat release.
Various colors to please everyone
To create an atmosphere that is unique to you, to find the design lamp that suits you best, discover the colors available in our online store:
White to bring shine, and enhance each tone of your room.
Black, gray and brushed aluminum to give a sophisticated side, a touch of elegance to your decoration.
Red or blue to energize your interior.
Orange to bring a touch of creativity.
Green or taupe to invite calm and rest.
Yellow for a cocooning, warm atmosphere in your home.
Purple to introduce a little delicacy.